FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Appropriate seasonal clothing-it is always cooler on the water and you can take it off if needed.
- Rain suit if the weatherman evens suggests rain
- Sunglasses (Polarized are the best for fishing)
- Sun screen and be sure you use it
- Fishing cap
- Camera (we can take iPhone pics and share)
- Snacks and drinks (My boat has a Frigid Rigid cooler and I provide the ice)
- Texas Resident Freshwater Fishing License (Annual – $30, One Day – $11) or Non-resident Freshwater Fishing License (Annual – $58, One Day- $16). Prices subject to change. Can get at any Walmart or at the Marina
- (For license by mail call Texas Parks & Wildlife 1-800-895-4248)
Do you furnish rods, reels, and lures and bait?If we fish live bait, we will usually catch what we need but if we purchase Black Salty’s they are $17 per pound.
All lures will be furnished at no additional cost. There is no additional charge for the use of my rods and reels, but I do ask that you replace any equipment if dropped in the lake Please let me know in advance if you will need to use my equipment so I will know if you need casting or spinning.
What will we do for lunch?
Lake Fork has several places to eat on the lake, and we usually take a break to eat lunch at one of these restaurants. But you can bring snack lunches if you prefer to stay on the water. Please just let me know in advance if you plan on bringing lunch so I can pack a sandwich too!!!
Where should we stay?
There are many places to stay on Lake Fork. “Lake Fork Marina” href=”http://www.lakeforkmarina.com/” target=”_blank”>Lake Fork Marina, Popes, Mustang, Lake Fork Resort, Oak Ridge and The Minnow Bucket.
Can you handle group or corporate trips?
Yes, we love group trips and do our best to make sure your group has FUN. I work with many of the other top guides on the lake, and I can make all the arrangements for you. For groups we need to know dates as quickly as possible so that we can line up the best guides and motel accommodations (if needed).
Do you guide on any other lakes?
Yes. I also do guided trips on Tawakoni and Cooper for striped fish and also fish Monticello and Lake Welsh. Welsh is best during November, December, and January as the fish there will spawn during these months due to the warmer water being discharged from the power but Monticello now has a later spawn due to cut backs on power generation. These fish fight extra hard due to the year round current and warm water.
Do you accept Credit Cards?Yes. You can pay your deposit or pay in full by credit card using PayPal. Just click on the PayPal button below!!!